August 9, 2012

Grinder and Coola

Grizzly bears are cute....until they decide to rip off your face and eat your skin.  I love how they are so soft and cuddly looking. Then I notice the teeth and claws and strength underneath all that. Check out those bad boy claws. These two are Grinder and Coola. They live on the peak of Grouse Mountain. They are both rescue animals.  When they were cubs they needed help but they were so young they got too used to people and could not make it in the wild.
One of them was playing with a bone. Grinder I think. He would toss it then repeat. Hence his goofy expression. See what I mean about the teeth!  Scary!
Wet bears are fun.  It was warmish while we were up there so both were in the water. They were very active and playful and charmed all the tourists up there. I am particularly entertained by tourists from countries where due to human population, pollution or location there is very little wildlife or certainly nothing this size. As a Canadian I probably take a lot of what we have for granted. I don't get excited at a squirrel but I like it when other people do. Just remember to treat all wildlife with respect or it will eat your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment