December 4, 2012

The Strangest Tourist Trap in Coombs

The Old Country Market is a tourist trap in Coombs. It has all the proper things that you expect. Cotton candy, ice cream, hot dogs, dash and diner, market with over priced stuff, hippies telling tarot cards, and clothes.  The huge draw is the 'Goats on the Roof'.  I really like goats.
On top of the main buildings of the tomfoolery is a green roof. The grass and plants are naturally mowed down by a small group of goats.  Even their little goat house which I am informed is called a 'shed'. They are clearly lords of all they survey.  Did I mention  I like goats.?
Hopefully the roof has some kind of system to deal with goat....leavings so it does not drip down onto your cans of Spaghetti Sauce and tacky lanterns.  We spent about 10 minutes there and most of that was trying to find parking.  Took some goat pictures and a shot of the inside and bailed.  Worth it to see goats on a roof. Not worth it for over priced basic groceries, ice cream and stuff.  Goats in any way are highly enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. I really love goats too. Alive ones. I wish I could have a goat family as pets and the could frolic with the local sheep, deer and foxes x

    ReplyDelete