May 23, 2015

Strange sightings in the sky around LA

 We saw quite a few strange things up in the skies of Los Angeles, like this Ultralight craft which looks far too big and heavy to me to be supported by what looks like such a small wing. That said, they were contentedly soaring across the ocean and clearly know what they were doing, so it's clearly a viable vehicle.
 We've seen the Good Year blimp both times we've been in LA, but I particularly like the marquee in this picture. As far as I can tell, the pilot was just fine and we just had good luck in the timing of the photo... though being L.A. its equally likely that there was a superspy chase culminating in a zeppelin battle which we were totally unaware of.
 I'm not sure if it was because President Obama was in town that weekend, or if I'm just not used to seeing military aircraft randomly, but this helicopter was an unexpected sight. There were quite a few traffic and civilian choppers as well, but this one in particular looks a little more warlike, though I could be completely misunderstanding its mission. Either way a neat sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment