November 8, 2012

Downtown Toronto

I have to admit, I am not a fan of Toronto.  I find it a brown and grey concrete jungle with an over taxed mass-transit system and scary crowded freeways.  It is not being improved much with a huge condo boom going on.  It raises the questions: where are people going to park, live, commute.  The mass transit system is already overtaxed. 
Everywhere in and around the downtown core and elsewhere too, these huge condos are going up.  I guess there is a demand for them but it leaves the city feeling like its being built entirely out of identical glassy towers.  It sounds like condos aren't as expensive as they are where I am in Vancouver but its getting pretty close. Hope I don't sound hypocritical!
I wanted to at least go into Top Shop which is new in TO.  For reasons of a Mighty Boosh like nature. If you don't know what/who Mighty Boosh is consult your nearest BBC TV guide.  I did not go in because I think I was the only one who wanted to. I probably would not be able to afford anything anyway.  The downstairs window display was magnificent featuring a life-size orange spotted moose because of Why Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment