November 8, 2014

Scholarships

 I got a few emails last month stating that I had won two scholarships for the previous school year and there would be an awards ceremony on November 5th. When we got there I felt very underdressed and outclassed by a room full of academic and business top brass in fancy suits, but I managed to bumble my way through the experience all the same. Below is a picture from one corner of the room to show the layout of the room and density of formal people.
 Being a giant nerd last year, I apparently had the top mark in my program which earned me the "BCIT Foundations Scholarship" from the faculty of BCIT. Below is a picture of me receiving my cheque from a representative of the school.
 I was also one of two recipients of the "KPMG Award" (for those outside the industry, KPMG is one of the four large accounting firms in the world, so catching their attention is pretty humbling and exciting). The gentleman on the left was the presenter on behalf of KPMG and the young lady in the middle was the other winner of the award.
I feel very honored to be recognized for my efforts and it certainly reinforced that doing something else with my time was a good idea overall. Congratulations to the other award recipients and thanks to all the donors and attendees.

No comments:

Post a Comment