August 14, 2013

Indulging my Plant Lust

With Geordie and I's move to the 4th floor on the west side of the building I can finally indulge my plant lust..... oh yes....  My geraniums have exploded.  I thought I was going to lose them for awhile but they rallied and have been blooming non stop.  I see alot of balconies with geraniums so they must like this side of things.
I also got some marigolds.  Now I have something for Day of the Dead for my skulls and bone dolls!  It started with one flower and then more came.  The English mint that I took out of that pot and put in another is bent on world domination. I sense a Dr. No scenario only its an English Mint stroking a white spider mite. 
Best part is the T O M A T O E !  I have been wanting home grown tomatoes near forever it seems.  I found a patio roma variety so I got it and it has been producing like nobody's business.  I have done BLTs, and fresh toms with home grown basil, fig infused balsamic vineger and mozza cheese.  Hmmmm Baby!  I'm a bit worried about it now because of the heat wave and the yellowed leaves but I continue to enjoy the wee bit of gardening I can do out there.  The orchid continues to struggle..... so the epic continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment