January 1, 2012

A Kathryn-A-Day Retrospective

 At the end of the year I did a quick name search in our photos and found that I have nearly 365 photos of Kathryn from the past year and thought I'd share a few from earlier trips that didn't get proper coverage at the time. Since we're still covering it at the moment, none of them are from the galapagos either.

This picture is from the beach Sechelt on the sunshine coast of BC with a weird purple seastar we found at low tide. That was part of a very nice trip with my parents along the coast to the north west of Vancouver.
 The old wall of Quebec City is studded with cannons and mortars as castle walls so often are, and since their days of potential violence are over, its great to see them put to use for recreation and fun. Below, Kathryn is relaxing and giving a quick shout out to Doctor Strangelove.
 While it is true that I love getting pictures of her patting statues noses, it is equally true that she's great fun to photograph wearing any sort of over-sized hat. The Ottawa War museum had a number of displays where you could try on different hats and helmets from the previous generations of our soldiers, and this pith helmet helped cast a bit of light on a very powerful but grim museum.
Looking through all my photos to pick this handful has shown me how tricky it is to pick my favorites and that I'll have another busy year ahead of me getting even better ones of her in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment