November 27, 2016

Awards season

 Each time I apply for any sort of scholarship/bursary at BCIT, I never hear a thing back, but every now and then the system gives me awards I didn't even know where up for grabs.  This was my 4th scholarship, and I was delighted to be one of six people in the part time degree program to receive it. Better yet, I was able to share it with several clever and talented people I have had the good fortune to get to know over the past 16 months.

My friend Julia (left) helped get me through tax, audit, and finance, and we're taking another course together in January before she finishes her degree entirely. Luba (right) was in one of my courses and is always outspoken and on topic. Derek (absent) has had a few courses with me and also do a great job of participating and generally keeping things moving ahead. We were all given our awards by Jennifer Kerr (centre) who has been an incredibly helpful and supportive instructor in both the diploma and degree programs.
Congrats to my fellow scholarship winners and thanks to the staff and BCIT and people who oversee the Linda and Allen Stefanson Memorial Awards for their support. I've been doing courses back to back this term and its been particularly exhausting when combined with a busy job, but moments like this really helps make it all feel worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment