December 23, 2010

Nightboarding 2: Electric Boogaloo

Its been awhile since I got up to Cypress Mountain and out snowboarding, but this week my friend Mike and I got back in our weekly groove of fitting in a few evening runs after work. It was particularly foggy and there were a few times I took wrong turns and nearly found myself on unfamiliar runs, but those problems were quickly solved.
And before any parents or in-laws go fussing, I got myself a proper helmet this year along with the padding, goggles, gloves and snow pants I have from previous years, so I am well insulated and warm.
It was so misty at the top that most of my pictures don't really show much and with any luck I'll get better ones in a week or two, so I'm finishing off with a panorama (click it to enlarge) of Vancouver that I shot from a viewpoint part way up the mountain. You can see Lionsgate Bridge in the middle at the bottom with Burnaby on the left and Kitsilano on the right.Everyone that has been making noise about coming out to visit for snowboarding officially has no excuse to not be out in the next few months ;)
SPECIAL UPDATE: The following week Kathryn came up the mountain with us and not only had a great time but greatly improved her skills and seems to have gotten the snowboarding bug in a major way.

No comments:

Post a Comment